Help and support in Fife
Circles Advocacy Fife delivers a free, independent service by providing information and advocacy via telephone, email or video call, drop-in meetings within community resources and
home visits to individuals who are unable to access our main office in Fife or suitable public settings.
Who can use the service?
Those people who are 16 years and over, who live in Fife and are experiencing one or more of the following conditions:
● mental ill health
● learning, physical or sensory impairments
● acquired brain injury
● chronic/long term illness
● autistic spectrum diagnosis
● people with lived experience of drug or alcohol dependency
● personality disorder
We support people to:
● have a say about the services they receive
● understand their rights
● raise issues they are worried about
● ensure safeguarding in situations where they may be vulnerable
We also support children who are 16 years and under who are subject to compulsory measures under the Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003.
We are inclusive in our approach and support people of all ages and backgrounds including older people, those detained under the Mental Health Act, carers (please contact us for further information) , parents, people in refuge, prisoners receiving health care and people who are homeless or experiencing issues related to alcohol or drug dependency.
Examples of advocacy provision include assisting with:
● children’s hearings
● child and adult safeguarding meetings
● adults with incapacity hearings/meetings
● ESA health assessments
● PIP health assessments
● work capability assessments
● GP/health professional appointments
● attending mental health tribunals
● social work meetings/reviews
● care programme approach (CPA) meetings
● ward and care home reviews
● discharge meetings
● meetings with solicitors
How to contact us:
If you would like to make an enquiry about how we can assist or to speak to one of the team our operating times are:
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
07909 002 582 (call or text)
At times when the advocates are out of the office please leave a message. Our voicemail is checked daily.
Circles Network, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkaldy. KY1 1XT
Service Manager Carolann Haddow speaking on the podcast 'Down the Lane with', and explaining the role of Circles Advocacy in Fife: